Cookies and Cream Off!

gangrene
Site Admin

Cookies and Cream Off!

Post by gangrene » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:14 pm

At the next bunker party, I want to have a Cookies and Cream off.

For those that don't know, CnC is a PS2 game that has 2 players each controlling a different bunny rabbit. Usually, the playfield is split vertically by some sort of obstacle (fence, berm, wall, etc.), however, the players must work together to reach the end of the level before the clock runs out. If a player "dies", the time remaining is decremented by a certain number of seconds depending on the cause of death.

An example of an obstacle found on the first level is a crocodile who is sitting in the left player's path. There is a chain around its neck that coincidentally terminates on the right players side. To get around the obstacle, the player on the right must pull the chain, forcing the croc to close his mouth so the player on the left can get past unmolested.

To further complicate matters, the game is played on one controller, so the players must sit very close. This is made more interesting by the fact that getting your teammate to understand what they need to do, and furthermore... do it, can be nervewracking. A good team (Junior and I)supports each other, a bad team usually has one player berating the other about their incompetence (SirKy and JayJian... or better yet, the wife and I.)

Anyway, the game is fun, and funny to watch. I suggest a race with the prize going to the team with the fastest time.

Post your dream team and ideas for prizes.

Junior
n00b

Cookie and Creamy Goodness

Post by Junior » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:56 pm

This game rocks! I'm totally down for this. I'll gladly team with Gangrene; however, that hardly seems fair. Heck...I'll team with anyone who wants to play...ok...maybe not JayJian or SirKy. This game rocks...did I say that?

As for prizes, I'd be happy with a cookies and cream klondike bar or ice cream cone or even a cookie. :) Just playing this game as a competition (and seeing how each team copes with the obstacles) is enough of a prize! Perhaps we could create some sort of “forbidden cookieâ€

pottse
n00b

Re: Cookies and Cream Off!

Post by pottse » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:46 pm

We definitely need a cookiepuss prize. I'll take left or right handed. Cookie is just as good as Cream! Eventually, we'll have to do the same thing in LittleBig Planet, which isn't as intimate, but it's tons more physics-y and we'll be able to have 4 players at once!