Invite - 2002-10-25 - Will it ever end?

I've had a LAN in some form or other since 1994. Here's my trip down memory lane.
gangrene
Site Admin

Invite - 2002-10-25 - Will it ever end?

Post by gangrene » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Hello Children!

Today is the fourth, and final day of the {CBG} Nerd-a-thon. (Unless, of course, everyone decides to bail.)

To wrap up, The artist formerly known as "PlaneWrecker" shall now be referenced by the moniker "DefGun Dave" thanks to his merciless shelling of us poor Americans on Omaha Beach... methinks the guilt was overpowering as he drove home... perhaps he looks a little tired this morning, the horror of the hella-gibbing he unloosed searing his young mind as he lay in bed, tossing... turning... sleeplessly...

We welcomed Our newest members "Tim-mah" and... well... I can't think of a good name for Jeff. (I just remember flying over that destroyer and seeing "Jeff" in red, floating comedically in the air.) Oh yeah, then I remember exploding too... a few times... and that hideous, cackling, gloating laugh.

And who can forget the wacky hi-jinx of Traitorous {drew} again and again taking that freakin' bunker... forcing us to climb that hill whilst getting our fresh young American faces shot off... and also grenading my clever sneaky way behind the final German checkpoint (which we never managed to take.)

Must I remind everyone that the Americans actually won Omaha Beach? Does that speak to our generation as a whole? Or merely the ineptude of we three sorry lunkheads who... well, suck.

Finally, let me close with the admission that {drew} and I book-ended the night "playing Gamecube".

Let me know if you are an inny, or an outy.

{Gangrene}
Here is a particularly ironic response:
Do you mean besides you, Mister “Hero Clix”?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 10:45 AM
To: {thelist}
Subject: RE: Will it ever end?

have any of actually ever kissed a girl?
Another good one that describes one of my core philosophies:
As long as she isn’t a “dark cloud”. Girls that sit and stew about how much that it sucks that they’re being forced to watch their SO’s play videogames are not allowed.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 10:56 AM
To: {Gangrene}
Subject: RE: Will it ever end?

{Gangrene}, I've got to go to the hospital until 8PM. I want to try to get there afterwards, but I might have to bring my "girl" as she may have to drive me. Is this allowed? I still have your directions from last time as I have used them numerous times to sit outside your house and stare in your windows.
Invitees:
{DefGunDave}
{Timmah}
{PM}
{Stinkyfinger}
{natX}
{drew}
{JJam}
{DangerKitty}
{StevusWevus}

natX
Bunker Builder

Post by natX » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 am

Just proves my point about miniature gaming. I was into it back in '02, all you posers are just riding my ideas. Nerds.

gangrene
Site Admin

Post by gangrene » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:59 am

Just proves my point about miniature gaming. I was into it back in '02, all you posers are just riding my ideas. Nerds.
I've realized that pretty much everything I've ever made fun of, I become completely addicted to. That will be a recurring theme in the posts coming up.

But after having bought way too many... collectable miniatures are lame.