Meanwhile, back in Harm's Lair...

We have a few different campaigns going. Post your details here.
MrComicGuy
Elite DM!

Meanwhile, back in Harm's Lair...

Post by MrComicGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:11 pm

In the week since the Party first encountered the Dark Creepers, they've been preparing scrolls, light devices and strategies for entering the city's sewers to root the little buggers out for good.

Glarg and Nebbets (a.k.a Toadmaster) have been busy scribing Scrolls while Jie and Joberk train at Golwirth's Academy.

At the Academy, the monk and the fighter hone their martial skills (helping explain the recent leveling up for Joberk) and find the Master there, an Emeraude named Donal, very keen to get them into the Arena (especially Joberk).

Meanwhile, Shadowbeard has been given the Docks as his territory by the Cat's Eye Guild and has gotten about 70 gp (was that what we agreed on last game?) of "lost items" from the river-boaters, dockworkers and travelers that frequent there. He's also heard tale of the Flying Tigers of the Shadizar, fierce river pirates, upriver from Harm's Lair.

And, the Whirling Shadowshow has come to the Green Dragon Theater, drawing nearly everyone from the town for the entry fee of 3 copper pieces.

We'll pick up the adventure from there next time around...
"Eschew Obfuscation"

Jayjian
GM

Post by Jayjian » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Jie is really looking forward to putting his blind fighting monk-tastic skills to the test down in the sewers!

Silly exploding monsters... good thing I have a long pole(arm) :wink:

MrComicGuy
Elite DM!

Scroll Writing

Post by MrComicGuy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:49 am

I just realized last night that I misspoke during our last game about hte ability of magic users to write scrolls. According to the DMG, p.117 you need a L7 magic user to write scrolls so Glarg and Nebbets aren't high enough level yet to mass produce Light spells. Sorry!
"Eschew Obfuscation"

Jayjian
GM

Re: Scroll Writing

Post by Jayjian » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:19 pm

MrComicGuy wrote:I just realized last night that I misspoke during our last game about hte ability of magic users to write scrolls. According to the DMG, p.117 you need a L7 magic user to write scrolls so Glarg and Nebbets aren't high enough level yet to mass produce Light spells. Sorry!
how long does the light spell last when cast on an object? Could we have had them enchanting pebbles all week :?: :)

MrComicGuy
Elite DM!

Re: Meanwhile, back in Harm's Lair...

Post by MrComicGuy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm

True enough. But now, momentarily leaving the quest to eridicate the Dark Creepers, Jie has joined the crew of a river boat that headed Northwest up the Shadizar after doing battle with the mage named Osmir on the docks of Harm's Lair.

Upriver, he encountered the Flying Tigers, river pirates astride winged jungle cats and helped defeat them as well. Then, finally into Chiraq, arriving at the Garrison of Shree Ammon, where he agreed to teach Sandriders the art of unarmed combat.
"Eschew Obfuscation"

MrComicGuy
Elite DM!

Re: Light Spells

Post by MrComicGuy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:18 am

I'll double check but I think the duration is permanent unless hit by a Dispel Magic or Darkness spell.