Star Wars: Empire at War

As I have mentioned elsewhere, not my favorite, but there has been a groundswell of support, and I always listen to my peeps (sometimes.)
gangrene
Site Admin

Post by gangrene » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Pottse and I tried this out. We only played for about 10 minutes, but it was very fun, and gorgeous to boot. He played imperial, I played Alliance. I got Han Solo and Chewie in the Millenium Falcon, He got Boba Fett in Slave I.

At some point, he discovered how to actually get the units that we had spent the entire time building out on to the map. I was scared when a Venator Class SD, and about 12 squadrons came cruising out of the northern reaches of the map. Luckily, he told me how to get the 10 or so frigates, 4 A-Wing, and 5 Y-Wing Squadrons out onto the playfield. In a word... toast.

If we can get the ADD addled minds of the Bunker crew on this game, it could be fun. It will take a little patience though.

natX
Bunker Builder

Post by natX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:19 pm

This is a great game. It has all the great elements of Civ, but with a Star Wars motiff. I have greatly enjoyed the campaign setting, there are a ton of planets to take over. The force is strong with this one

pottse
n00b

Re: Star Wars: Empire at War

Post by pottse » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 am

My favorite RTS right now...there's a mode you can click for "Cinematic View" that lets you view the match as a movie. It takes you out of the game, and makes it a nice low-res movie...a nice little feature!

There are space battles with x-wings and tie fighters *REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA* and also levels on ground where you can command AT-AT's and lots of other vessels as well as infantry!

I love this, I just need someone else/a bunch of people to give it a try!

gangrene
Site Admin

Gameplay Video

Post by gangrene » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:46 pm

[/youtube]